Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA WEBvpn error

tetrazocine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm experiencing an error on an ASA5585-X only when the vpn is enabled... I have the exact same config on an ASA5515-X and there is no error. Running the latest ASA code and the same cod eon both devices. 

Upon a reload when the config "enable <interface>" for the WEBvpn runs the following error shows up:

!!!!.......Warning: unexpected configuration tag 'username-prompt-text' (line=124,column=7,position=5497)

*** Output from config line 332, " enable wan"

I have run a config factory-default and a write erase (both seperately) and reconfigured the device manually (to ensure no copy paste information is incorrectly applied) and as soon as the WEBvpn config is applied the error occurs. 

It's only a warning but should not be there and the 5515 is fine. Any thoughts please???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tetrazocine
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

The only explanation was corruption on the flash, despite fsck reporting that the file system was ok... ran format on disk0: to blow it all away and did an image recovery from rommon, loaded the backed-up config and no further errors. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post show run configuration (removing sensitive data)  (look at the line number mentioned in the file see anything wrong or syntax issue)

what ASA code ? (i know you mentioned latest, like to know if there is any bugs related to that or syntax may have changed).

as per below thread its just warning - you can not go to next level of configuration or you stuck ?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/cisco-asa-error-message/td-p/1940340

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the response, posting the config is tricky... the line in the config that creates this error is when enabling the external interface for VPN on line 347 of the config that is "enable wan". The VPN config is identicle to the working 5515 which is the bit that perplexes me. 

I did see that post you provided above before posting my question and did not prove useful. What exactly is the first error referring to: "Warning: unexpected configuration tag 'username-prompt-text' (line=124,column=7,position=5497)" as line 124 in the config seems fine (service rule); not sure that it's the line in the config file as column and position relate to what I wonder?

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Webvpn configuration consists of several files in the flash memory, that is why it is not erased completely with "write erase". Try "revert webvpn all" command.

tetrazocine
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

The only explanation was corruption on the flash, despite fsck reporting that the file system was ok... ran format on disk0: to blow it all away and did an image recovery from rommon, loaded the backed-up config and no further errors. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card