Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA with FirePower

simoscomp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1) Do I need Firesight management center to manage ASA with Firepower? 

2) Can i manage ASA and Firepower with CLI?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

16 Replies 16

The "fs-vmw-2-sw-k9: SKU is all you need for management. That includes the VM with licensing to manage two ASA FirePOWER modules.

You will need the feature licenses for the ASA FirePOWER module itself (IPS, URL Filtering and/or AMP in addition to the no-cost Control license) as I described elsewhere in this thread.

Marvin,

I know this is a really old post and you may not still be around... but our Cisco rep is very slow to respond to our emails.  We have an ASA 5516 that we are trying to get the FirePower Module set up for IPS.  This device was originally purchased with FirePower but that licensing lapsed a long time ago and we never ended up implementing it anyway.  I'm trying to find a SKU that I need to get licensing for FirePower module to use IPS function (and maybe URL as well). 

I have a second question though.  In the previous posts above, it's mentioned that this needs to be managed with a VM.  This environment is not running an ESXi host.  We are currently using the ADSM software to manage the ASA, and the FirePower Module (though it is un-licensed).  Is that all we need today to be able to manage IPS within the FirePower module?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card