cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 User license and SecurityPlus license question

lanwanguy
Level 1
Level 1

I have had an ASA5505 which I bought with a 10-inside host license. Subsequently I also bought the SecurityPlus license and successfully applied it to the ASA5505 - life was good.

Recently I purchase a 10-to-50 inside host license upgrade and applied it to the ASA5505. Much to my surprise it wiped out the SecurityPlus features and reset the firewall for Restricted DMZ. Of course, I originally bought the SecurityPlus license to get Unrestricted DMZ.

I can go back and forth and apply either license succcessfully but it appears that they are mutually exclusive. I.e. if I re-apply the SecPlus license AFTER I upgraded to the 50-inside host license then the inside host license count gets reset to the original 10 with the following error:

'The following features available in the flash activation key are NOT available in the new activation key: inside host'.

What is wrong here? Did I miss something, or is this how things are supposed to work?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Steve K.

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please kindly contact licensing@cisco.com and explain the same situation, and they would be able to help you with generating an activation key that has both the upgrade 10-50 user license as well as the security plus license.

Hope that helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card