Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5512 5525 FPWR-K9

afayemf10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every body

I need your help . i receive this list from a supplyer. the thing is that, we are setting up secured vpn between 8 sites, and there is 1 site among the 8 will set as Master site, which in toure will be connected to another master site

please can you explain me this liste of materials

7 units of each of the following for the 7 sites

• ASA 5512-FPWR-K9 f
  • CON-SNT-A12FPK9 
  • SF-FP5.3.1-k-9  
  • SF-ASA-X-9.2.2-K8 :
  • ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9      
  • ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9 
  • ASA5500X-SSD120INC 
  • ASA-IC-A-BLANK :
  • ASA5512-MB
  • ASA5500-ENCR-K9:
  • ASA5512-CTRL-LIC 
  • CAB-ACE 

1 unit of each of the following for Master site

• ASA-ACE-E-5525
  • ASA5525-CTRL-LIC
  • ASA-IC-B-BLANK:
  • ASA5525-MB

can i know the role of each of these units

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ASA 5512-FPWR-K9 is a top level line item. All the items following that are automatically included when you build a bill of materials in Cisco's ordering system. They are Smartnet support, the software module for FirePOWER, the base ASA software, etc. down to the AC power cable for European use.

The master site list is incomplete. You've only shown some license and other line items that would normally be subordinate to the other items.The ASA-AC-E-5525 is for version 3.x AnyConnect Essentials and should not be sold as it is end of sales. Reference

View solution in original post

The first line item in each listing is the top level hardware SKU (Stock Keeping Unit). That has a cost.

The second line in each listing is the support contract. That would have a term (for example, 12 months, 36 months etc.). It also has a cost.

Everything else (except the ASA-ACE-E-5525) is a sub-line under the top level hardware and not priced separately. They automatically part of an order for that hardware when we build it in Cisco's system.

As I noted earlier, "ASA-AC-E-5525 is for version 3.x AnyConnect Essentials and should not be sold as it is end of sales."

AnyConnect is not required for site to site VPN. It is only required for remote access VPN. Since you do show that in your diagram, the proper item to sell would be the new Plus license style. The part numbers would be something like the following:

L-AC-PLS-3YR-G (top level SKU for 3 year term, also available in 1 and 5 year versions)
     AC-PLS-3YR-100-S (sub-line for 3 year term subscription, 100 users)
     AC-PLS-3YR-100 (sub-line item for actual subscription - the cost shows up with this one)
     L-AC-PLS-S-3Y-100  (sub-line for ASA activation key)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

afayemf10
Level 1
Level 1

i can see a hardware, some software ,and licenses, but i can't really make the difference

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ASA 5512-FPWR-K9 is a top level line item. All the items following that are automatically included when you build a bill of materials in Cisco's ordering system. They are Smartnet support, the software module for FirePOWER, the base ASA software, etc. down to the AC power cable for European use.

The master site list is incomplete. You've only shown some license and other line items that would normally be subordinate to the other items.The ASA-AC-E-5525 is for version 3.x AnyConnect Essentials and should not be sold as it is end of sales. Reference

Thank You Marvin. yuo are right. see below the complete liste for the main site:

For the 7 sites

ASA 5512-FPWR-K9
CON-SNT-A12FPK9 
SF-FP5.3.1-k-9 
SF-ASA-X-9.2.2-K8 
ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9        
ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9 
ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9
ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9
ASA5500X-SSD120INC 
ASA-IC-A-BLANK
ASA5512-MB
ASA5500-ENCR-K9
ASA5512-CTRL-LIC 
CAB-ACE  AC Power Cord (Europe), C13 , CEE 7 , 1.5M

For main site

ASA 5525-FPWR-K9
CON-SNT-A24FPK9 
SF-FP5.3.1-k-9 
ASA-ACE-E-5525
ASA5525-CTRL-LIC
SF-ASA-X-9.2.2-K8 
CAB-ACE 
ASA-VPN-CLNT-K9
ASA-ANYCONN-CSD-K9
ASA-IC-B-BLANK:
ASA5500X-SSD 120INC 
ASA5500-ENCR-K9
ASA5525-MB

Please i need to know which item are not to be sold, are free, or out of sale

ANd which one are unecessary to set up secured vpn

for more clarity, I have attached the  architecture

The first line item in each listing is the top level hardware SKU (Stock Keeping Unit). That has a cost.

The second line in each listing is the support contract. That would have a term (for example, 12 months, 36 months etc.). It also has a cost.

Everything else (except the ASA-ACE-E-5525) is a sub-line under the top level hardware and not priced separately. They automatically part of an order for that hardware when we build it in Cisco's system.

As I noted earlier, "ASA-AC-E-5525 is for version 3.x AnyConnect Essentials and should not be sold as it is end of sales."

AnyConnect is not required for site to site VPN. It is only required for remote access VPN. Since you do show that in your diagram, the proper item to sell would be the new Plus license style. The part numbers would be something like the following:

L-AC-PLS-3YR-G (top level SKU for 3 year term, also available in 1 and 5 year versions)
     AC-PLS-3YR-100-S (sub-line for 3 year term subscription, 100 users)
     AC-PLS-3YR-100 (sub-line item for actual subscription - the cost shows up with this one)
     L-AC-PLS-S-3Y-100  (sub-line for ASA activation key)

Thank you Marvin.

Does it means that i can replace the ASA-AC-E-5525 is for version 3.x AnyConnect Essentials   by  thes license style Plus   L-AC-PLS-3YR-G

Regards!

Yes, that's correct.

Please mark the question as answered if it has been. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card