cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASAv change the default static route

pwm
Level 1
Level 1

On an ASAv in Azure how do you change the default static route?  

When the ASAv is created in Azure the default static route is bound to the management interface.  I have setup an outside interface which I need to route my data traffic through.  The ASAv won't let me add an overlapping default static route on the outside interface.  

I am running the latest release 9.14 and from what I have read there is supposed to be a management only routing table.  However I can't find any directions on how to set a route in it.  If I am able set a default route in there will that let me move the default static route to the outside interface?

Without the default static route on the outside interface the return traffic from my inside interface is being dropped by the ASAv.  I verified this by adding a static route for 40.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 and then my traffic started flowing, but only from a test vm in that ip block.  There must be a way to set the default route on the outside interface but how?

3 Replies 3

>From the CLI you should be able to create new default route, put static
route for your management LAN pointing to management gateway and remove
Azure default route. You should get management access to ASAv from Azure
portal over serial console.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

Thank you for the reply.

How exactly would I go about doing what you mention.

I've been looking at the asa docs here https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa914/configuration/general/asa-914-general-config/route-static.html but can't find anything useful. 

Which part of it? Going to console, you do this from azure portal , select
the VM and in the last section of VM settings options you will see serial
console. Changing default route from ASA cli.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card