Views
Helpful
Replies

ASAv *firewall throughput limited to 100kbps

estebanvojacek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

I have just installed my new ASAv30, installed the License with the TokenID provided in the smart account and everything is fine, but when issuing a #sh ver the firewall returns the typical sh version text and then it shows:

License mode: Smart Licensing
ASAv Platform License State: Licensed
Active entitlement: ASAv-STD-2G, enforce mode: Authorized
Not registered with an ID token that allows export-controlled functionality
*Firewall throughput is being limited to 100 Kbps

I am not sure why it shows it with an asterisk "*", but everything seems to be licensed and be OK, the License is purchased as permanent and it is genuine, but after testing the throughput the ASAv seems to be limiting the traffic, to 100 kbps.
The sh license summary shows:

Smart Licensing is ENABLED

Smart Account: xxxx (edited)
Virtual Account: xxxx (edited)
Export-Controlled Functionality: NOT ALLOWED
Last Renewal Attempt: None
Next Renewal Attempt: xxx xx xxxx xx:xx:xx UTC (edited)

License Authorization:
Last Communication Attempt: SUCCEEDED
Next Communication Attempt: xxx xx 2023 xx:xx:xx UTC (edited)

License Usage:
ASAv30 Standard - 2G (ASAv-STD-2G) 1 AUTHORIZED

Is there any workaround to put the ASAv in fully functioning mode and remove that limitation message from the #sh ver?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

estebanvojacek
Level 1
Level 1

Finally the problem was solved.

The only way was to contact Cisco Licensing support to allow the Export-Controlled Functionality on the token generation, that removed the limitation on the ASAv.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you create the registration token at software.cisco.com, there is a tick box to allow export-controlled features. If you don't select that box, you will the the "Not registered with an ID token that allows export-controlled functionality" message and be limited to 100 kbps.

To fix it, de-register and then register using a new token that you create, making sure to select the tick box.

Hi Marvin:

The thing is that..that box does not exist in my panel, I don´t have the option to include the "Allow export-controlled features" on the toked-id generation.

estebanvojacek
Level 1
Level 1

This is a screenshot of my TokenID generation BOX.

Most likely your profile has omitted the option.If you open a TAC case for security licensing they should be able to assist.

Here's what the box should look like:Token Generation DialogToken Generation Dialog

estebanvojacek
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, but my support contract expired, I already tried that but there is no way they can help my without a valid support contract.
My license is perpetual, there should be some kind of help for the clients who owns Perpetual License but don't need to use the Cisco support, but only for these type of issues, that are once in a lifetime, or only at the installation time.

And apart from all of that, the License and the device should work without having to open a support case.

If your account was setup right at one time, it's unlikely that it changed to disallow export controlled features.

You mentioned it is a new ASAv30. 99%+ of customers purchase new licenses with support. But if not in your case, perhaps you can contact the partner you purchased it from since they must have deposited the license in your Smart Account in the first place.

estebanvojacek
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, will do that.

This was purchased with 1Y support, but now I must reinstall, and I remeber the first time Cisco support helped me to fix that, now it is not possible, so I will contact the partner who sold it to Us.

estebanvojacek
Level 1
Level 1

Finally the problem was solved.

The only way was to contact Cisco Licensing support to allow the Export-Controlled Functionality on the token generation, that removed the limitation on the ASAv.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card