Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASAv10 AWS

Hello,

i have deployed an AMI ASAv10 in AWS, and i am running into an issue. I have selected m4.large since was appropriate based my requirements/budget and cisco docs. After hours of trying to figure it out, i have realize Cisco stipulates m4.large can handle:

- 1 management interface

- 2 data interfaces (ins / out)

however AWS stipulates m4.large only handles:

- 2 Network interfaces (which i have 1 as management(default mandatory)  and 1 as inside or whatever i choose to be.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-eni.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa910/asav/quick-start-book/asav-910-qsg/asav_aws.html

i have called AWS and they confirmed that i cannot set 3 (management/inside/outside) interfaces and i have to chat with Cisco. 

This will be for VPN purposes, can be done with 2 interfaces only which 1 is forced to be management? 

Thanks in advance,

Enrique

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jimholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you use a c3.large or c4.large instance? They both have 3 interfaces.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per document they support 2 interace 1 management ASAv10

ASAv30 will have 3 data intercace and 1 managment.

I have deployed one of client, i can not remember now, but sure there were 3 interface with ASAv.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

That is correct, that was the docs showing, unfortunately AWS is showing me an error at the time of trying to attach the 3rd interface stating the limit of 2 interfaces have been reached 🤦‍♂️

jimholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you use a c3.large or c4.large instance? They both have 3 interfaces.

I have ending setting a c4.large, the price is the same as the m4.large, not sure why they put m4 as option 🤦‍♂️, anyhow, thank you 😜👍

Glad that it work as you expected, i know some time sales pitch was wrong. even though features are same.

if this resolve please make it as resolved please.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card