cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 7.1(2) & ASA5550 9.0(2) multicontext - VPN wizards, except site-to site, are absent

idc000
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sirs,

Please help me to understand what went wrong?

I have the latest ASDM 7.1(2) & ASA5550 9.0(2). When I try to start Remote Access VPN Wizard, it's just nothing to select in Wizards-VPN Wizards, except "Site-toSite VPN Wizard..."

asdm-wiz.jpg

Best regards,

Ilia V. Davidov

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As soon as you change the ASA to Multiple Context Mode they will only support L2L VPNs. And even L2L VPNs werent supported in the 8 series software of ASA.

So no other form of VPN connections are supported at the moment. There has been no info when or if there is going to be Client VPN support at some point. I sure hope so.

Check this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa90/configuration/guide/ha_contexts.html#wp1382237

Unsupported Features

Multiple context mode does not support the following features:

RIP

OSPFv3. (OSPFv2 is supported.)

Multicast routing

Threat Detection

Unified Communications

QoS

Remote access VPN. (Site-to-site VPN is supported.)

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As soon as you change the ASA to Multiple Context Mode they will only support L2L VPNs. And even L2L VPNs werent supported in the 8 series software of ASA.

So no other form of VPN connections are supported at the moment. There has been no info when or if there is going to be Client VPN support at some point. I sure hope so.

Check this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa90/configuration/guide/ha_contexts.html#wp1382237

Unsupported Features

Multiple context mode does not support the following features:

RIP

OSPFv3. (OSPFv2 is supported.)

Multicast routing

Threat Detection

Unified Communications

QoS

Remote access VPN. (Site-to-site VPN is supported.)

- Jouni

Thanks a lot!

So the only way for me to switch it into basic single context mode, as I need remote access VPN.

Regards,

Ilia V. Davidov

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card