Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 7.6 NAT configurations and Access Rules

Amafsha1
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I am practicing working on a 7.6 ASDM firewall and would like to understand how Access and NAT rules work and also how they are configured.  Every where I search it shows for 8.x to higher..  Where can I get the user guide for 7.6?  because apparently the logic works very differently...  

quoted below:

"In earlier versions of ASA code (8.2 and earlier), the ASA compared an incoming connection or packet against the ACL on an interface without untranslating the packet first. In other words, the ACL had to permit the packet as if you were to capture that packet on the interface. In version 8.3 and later code, the ASA untranslates that packet before it checks the interface ACLs. This means that for 8.3 and later code, and this document, traffic to the host's real IP is permitted and not the host's translated IP."

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

When you're using ASDM 7.6 it's not related to 8.x ASA version. You should connect on SSH and issue the command show version to know which ASA version you're running, and then find the right doc guide

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

When you're using ASDM 7.6 it's not related to 8.x ASA version. You should connect on SSH and issue the command show version to know which ASA version you're running, and then find the right doc guide

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

ah man 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card