Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 77% problem

hi,

I have classic annoying asdm 77% problem, latest ASDM version, run.bat memory settings tweaks does not help. Is there mybe unpublished solution for this. ASDM is running on win10 virtual machine. If I test it directly from laptop, it is flying. But, from some VMs on same blade infrastructure, same java version and same CPU/MEM settings it is working ok. What is hapening at this 77% that could cause slow response .... somethimes it is stuck for more then hour at this state.

br

1 Reply 1

The ASDM 77% problem could be due to a known bug for ASDM version 7.8.2, which can affect the ASDM download configuration process. It's suggested to verify if the ASA has the impacted version and consider updating to a newer version if possible. You can refer to the [Bug Report here](https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh02586/?rfs=iqvred) for more details about this specific bug and any fixes or workarounds provided by Cisco.

Additionally, you should check on the Java requirements for the ASDM version in use. Cisco's Release Notes highlight the Java versions supported for each ASDM version, and it's crucial to make sure the proper version of Java is installed and configured on the system to prevent any compatibility issues. You can refer to [Cisco's Release Notes here](https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_8/release/notes/rn78.html#id_25472) for more detailed information.

Please remember that the nature of the bug and Java version requirement are not directly mentioned in the information from the website. If you're experiencing the ASDM 77% problem, I suggest visiting the provided links and reaching out to Cisco support for further assistance.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card