cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM - Error: A JNI error has occurred..

hash2k2
Level 1
Level 1

I am running an ASA 5525-X on ASDM version asdm-openjre-7171.bin.

My Windows 11 client and my client on a windows server 2012 R2 terminal server are running fine, no problems so far.

As soon as I update to asdm-openjre-7171-152.bin and start ASDM on the terminal server, it asks for updating the ASDM-IDM Launcher.

If I do so, installation runs like a charm.

After the installation is done, instantly the message pops up: "Java Virtual Machine Launcher -> Error: A JNI error has occured, please check your installation and try again." Clicking ok results in another message saying: "A Java Exception has occured".

On my Windows 11 machines everything works fine also after the upgrade.

The terminal server is used for remote admins, so I need it very urgently.

I do not know how to troubleshoot here, does anybody has a hint for me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fattylumpkin
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem too.  I found that there was an old version of JRE in this folder after the ASDM upgrade: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\ASDM\jre.

I uninstalled ASDM then deleted the folder above before re-installing ASDM and my issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Fattylumpkin
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem too.  I found that there was an old version of JRE in this folder after the ASDM upgrade: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\ASDM\jre.

I uninstalled ASDM then deleted the folder above before re-installing ASDM and my issue was resolved.

Great help, thanks.

I uninstalled ASDM (the JRE folder got removed automatically during uninstall), then I removed everything what has something to do with JRE. (other folders in c:\Program Files i.E)

I also had the newest JRE version installed. Removed that as well.

Then I installed ASDM again and it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card