cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM has no VPN wizard???

christophermann
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a site to site ipsec vpn with 2 cisco 5505 ASA's.

Unfortunately when i open up the ASDM there is no vpn wizard to start the configuration.

The version of ASDM i am using from flash is 645-206.bin and the firmware on the ASA's is 842-k8.bin so should be ok.

Can anybody give me any clues as to why the VPN wizard doesnt appear?

Thanks in advance

Chris           

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There should be VPN wizard on ASDM.

Did you go to the Wizard menu on top of the ASDM menu bar:

Wizards --> VPN Wizards --> Site-to-Site VPN Wizard...

Jennifer,

thanks for the reply, yes thats where i expected to see it but it is not listed, nor is there any tabs in the left hand pane where you see the device setu, firewall and device management tabs.

i have checked the licence details and i do have the VPN-DES & VPN-3DES-AES enabled with the peerpetual licence. Alegedly when purchsed they should have come with the ASA5505-BUN-K9, im just wondering if thats what i physically have on both firewalls. looking at the firmware its a K8 version and not the K9???

Chris

Try to upgrade it to the latest version of ASDM. Mine is version 6.4.9 and I can see the wizard. I wonder if there is bug on version 6.4.5(206).

Do you mean just the Site-to-Site VPN is not listed, or the Wizards menu is not listed, or there is no menu at all at the top of ASDM?

Jennifer,

sorry, there is a 'wizards' tab on the top tool bar that contains startup wizard, high availability ans calability wizard, unified communciation wizard and the packet capture wizard.

i was expecting to see the vpn wizard there and also on the side bar?

Chris

Jennifier,

i have attached a couple of screen shots for you to take a look at if that helps..

Chris

Thanks for the screenshot.

For the device list on the left hand side, you can enable it by going to View --> and tick "Device List".

For VPN wizard, I would recommend upgrading ASDM to the latest version.

Here is my screenshot of ASDM for your reference:

Sorry Jennifier cant view the image.

That said i think i will have to get hold of the latest ASDM and give that a try because there is definately something strange going on here

The device list only shows the list of ip connections unfortunately. As you will see by the snapshots the only items listed on the left hand pane are the device setup, firewall and device management tabs.

Chris

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card