cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM-IDM launcher problem after upgrade (ASDM 7.12.2 on macOS 10.14.5)

fotiosskaltsas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have just upgraded a ASA5525-X for lab use, had it factory defaulted and then upgraded to the latest ASA 9.12.2 and ASDM 7.12.2. The only problem I get is that the disk image (.dmg) that is downloaded from the device has no valid filesystem or is corrupt, what I suspect is that my system sees it as APFS image, while it is not. I don't have time to try with a Windows computer, I will though try tomorrow.

Running my ASDM-IDM launcher 1.7(0) says there is an upgrade, if I say yes I get a non mountable file, if I say no then doesn't connect to the device. If I change the image to 7.2(21) or 7.6(2-150) then all is good and on the fly. I have factory defaulted the system a couple of times, I have rebooted it and my computer a couple of times with no luck.

What strikes me most of all is that I cannot find the latest Cisco ASDM-IDM.app file ANYWHERE on the internet and in the Cisco website. Is there any hope on finding it? I am missing only the launcher in the equation here, not the whole ASDM.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The solution was simple but really strange: When downloading the file to the newer versions of macOS where the disk is APFS then the file gets corrupted. I installed macOS 10.12 Sierra on a MacBook Pro and everything worked great on HFS+ file system. So now I have the upgraded version and it works perfect!

Cisco support should check this out!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

support
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have a mac, but I noticed one way to skip past the upgrade window is to just close it.

So in other words don't click yes or no, instead just click on the close window button at the upper right hand corner on the prompt.

The solution was simple but really strange: When downloading the file to the newer versions of macOS where the disk is APFS then the file gets corrupted. I installed macOS 10.12 Sierra on a MacBook Pro and everything worked great on HFS+ file system. So now I have the upgraded version and it works perfect!

Cisco support should check this out!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card