Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM-IDM Launcher

taha.uddin
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco noob with an inherited network here

I have a simple question that may have been resolved in a nother forum however; I am not able to word it properly to get a response.

We are using asa 5510 and we have 5 of them. They are configured an running happy.

Inorder for me to access these ASA, I use ASDM IDM launcher v1.5(64). I have a java app shortcut to one of the ASA's but not all and I have spent ample time trying to find the solution...

i am trying to create a desktop shortcut to point to an asa but am unable to do so; I don't know how. I tried reverse engineering it by looking at the shortcut I have for the one that is already setup but it points to

C:\Users\username\Desktop

my target points to

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaw.exe -Xms64m -Xmx512m -Dsun.swing.enableImprovedDragGesture=true -classpath lzma.jar;jploader.jar;asdm-launcher.jar;retroweaver-rt-2.0.jar com.cisco.launcher.Launcher

Not sure what that path means and where I can create/mofy a file to get a new shortcut going for the other asa's.

Sincerely appreciate the help!

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The launcher will have a drop down list once it is launched allowing you to choose among your ASAs (or type in an altogether new one).

If you want a shortcut I don't think you can build it directly into the ASDM shortcut icon but you could create a web shortcut to go to the respective ASA's Web launcher page (https:///admin). From there you can click the Java Web start option as an alternative to the standalone launcher.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can do this by individually launch ASDM on each ASA/IP address:

https://ASA-IP-ADDRESS/admin/public/index.html

Click on 'Install ASDM Launcher and run ASDM' for the first ASA and 'Run ASDM' on the other four ASA.

Check your PC desktop (if using Windows) to see the individual ASDM launcher.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card