Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM ip range

robert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I´m new to ASA and asdm so that´s why my question might seem stupid.

I manage a ASA 5510 running 8.2(5) with ASDM 6.4(5) and I cannot create a network object containing a ip adresse range aka 192.168.10.10 - 192.168.10.100. I do not get a option called range when creating the object.

However running ASDM in demo mode where the ASA is running 8.4(2) I do get a option called range when I configure a object.

Where is my problem?

Regards

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is because under the covers, ASDM is generating commands using the "object network" command:

object network

object network object name [rename new_obj_name] {host ip_addr | subnet net_addr net_mask |range ip_addr_1 ip_addr2} description text

To configure a named network object that is reflected in all configurations in which the object is used,

use the object network command in object configuration mode.

...and that command was introduced in 8.3(1).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is because under the covers, ASDM is generating commands using the "object network" command:

object network

object network object name [rename new_obj_name] {host ip_addr | subnet net_addr net_mask |range ip_addr_1 ip_addr2} description text

To configure a named network object that is reflected in all configurations in which the object is used,

use the object network command in object configuration mode.

...and that command was introduced in 8.3(1).

Thanks.

Robert

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card