Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Sourcefire connection error

Bnnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have Cisco ASA 5515 with Sourcefire module.

I have configured Sourcefire with IP 192.168.1.234 using "Session sfr" command. Uploaded the img and pkg files (6.0) and setup it.

I have configured Management interface with no IP address and no name (I googled and article about this)

Interface0 is my LAN and has got 192.168.1.254 / 24 as my LAN default gateway

Interface4 si my WAN and has got a Public IP

I have configured Sourcefire with IP 192.168.1.234

I have connected Management port on the same switch as LAN.

I can ping both from LAN

I open ASDM and connect to 192.168.1.254 (from my LAN)

It loads all the configuration Module but it says it cannot load firewall configuration (see screenshot).

If i remove the cable in the management interface (that goes to Sourcefire) from the switch , when i open ASDM it connect (only) the the firewall and it works (but not the Sourcefire......)

Any help ???

I'm desperate. I have to register My Cisco ASA 5515 control license with my PAK number but the cisco.com/go/license portal ask me for a bloody License key and i don't know how to obtain it. I think i should find it in the section inside the ASDM...(the section and gives me error) !!!!

Please help me.

Regards ,

Leonardo

4 Replies 4

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Try to connect to your interface0 address from any LAN machine and see if it loads the config as well. If the ip's are reachable and firepower tab is loading properly then it could be the issue with ASDM as well. It would be good if you try from any other machine and check if that works.

Thanks,

Ankita

Hi thanks for the answer.

Yes.

I have windows 10 .

I have noticed that i must have Java 8.51 and NOT more higher version.

If you stay below 8.51 ASDM works fine. If you go ahead ... it fails in reading configuration.

I have also latest ASDM ( 7.5(2)153 ) but still got the problem.

This works, ok, but sometimes ASDM hang or stop responding correctly and i have to kill jawaw or cannot quit.

No comment .......................

Hope Cisco will solve this soon because it is unacceptable

Hi,

We do have bug CSCuw54048 filed for this

This is currently being worked upon by development

Thank you for your patience with this one

Hi.

I have patient but not a lot.

Today (11/05/2016) after 3 months , STILL have this bloody problem.

Con go more than 8.51 Java version keeping me to NOT update Jave because Cisco Firepower doens't work.

I have ever installed the latest IOS and ASDM version hoping to solve the problem but not.

For a product that cost a LOT OF MONEY this is a shame. 3 Months and problem not solved it.

Start thinking that Cisco is only a NAME that you pay but at all not all the service and the quality they want us to believe at all.

Very astonished about this.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card