Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM was unable to load the firewall's configuration

ositechintl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I like to manage the FirePOWER Services using the ASDM but after I enable the FirwPOWER Services, then I reloaded the ASDM client. Once I reloaded the ASDM client, the Configuration Tab in the ASDM went grayed out but I can see the FirePOWER tab.

Also i am getting the error likes below,

ASDM was unable to load the firewall's configuration. Please check connectivity to the device or try again later
After i closed that message i am getting the error as like below,
ASDM did not get a response from the ASA in the last 60 seconds. Please check the configuration and your connection and then try again by clicking refresh

Please someone advise.

Thanks,

Ramesh

22 Replies 22

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How did you enable FirePOWER services?

What address (and on which interface) are you using for ASA management?

What versions of ASA software and ASDM are you using?

I do have a slightly similar problem. I do have a ASA5516, I have a 10. 3. 19.1 on my inside and 10.3.19.2 on management. 

Currently using ASA 9.4.2 and ASM 7.5 .

My FirePower module isnt grayed out, however when loging in to ASDM it says i'm not authenticated.

Also went back to configure the FMC from the CLI, using configure manager add host 10.3.19.2 0259254

it says Active peers 10.3.19.2 already exists.

Kindly help

You shouldn't be adding a manager host when doing FireSIGHT Management from ASDM. That option is only for when you have an external FireSIGHT Management Center.

I have the exact same problem. Windows 10. Java 8 Update 65

Hi,

I dont think it was tested with Windows 10 and Java 8 . You can try downgrading the java version to 7 and see if that works.

Refer : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_5/release/notes/rn75.html

Also if you are using ASDM greater than 7.3 , you might need to install an indentity certificate.

Refer link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/identity-cert/cert-install.html

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

It's clearly a bug with ADSM and this version of Windows10 and Java.

I tried on a OSX 10.11 and Java 8 update 65. It works

I tried to disable mnt1/1 interface , so SourceFire can't be connect, it works

I hope Cisco regconize this bug and have a fix soon

Seems to be this bug:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw54048/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Marco Wetzel
Level 1
Level 1

Did you solved the Problem? I've the same issue.

My Laptop is connected to the Ma 1/1 Port.

MA 1/1 IP: 192.168.1.1 /24
FirePowerIP: 192.168.1.2 /24
Laptop IP: 192.168.1.3 /24

All components can reach each other. When login into ASDM it also says things like "Login to FirePower" and retrieving config and so on. When the login-window closes and ASDM is starting it is downloading the config. When reaching 100% the Message

"ASDM was unable to load the firewall's configuration. Please check connectivity to the device or try again later"

When I disable the module ("sw-module module sfr shutdown"), ASDM works perfectly. Where is the problem?

Software:
ASA: asa941-5-lfbff-k8.SPA
FirePower: 5.4.1-211

Hi Marco,

Somewhat resolved the issue by Installing the ASDM in the Windows 7 OS with 32 bit Operating System.

Might be the solution seems to be strange, but that resolved the problem for me.

Its working fine now.

Thanks,

Ramesh

ds-norden
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure 8 pieces of this new 5506-x and get the exact same problem...

if i disable the firepower, i can start ASDM and work with the firewall, but the second the module is running it is crashing the ASDM...

it is impossible to follow the startup guide, as it wants you to work from asdm right away...

could someone from cisco please look into this.

/Christian

Please open a TAC case if you require Cisco support.

This support community is an informal volunteer community with Cisco sponsorship but not staffed by Cisco tech support.

I have the same problem running a ASA5506X with:

ASA Version : 9.5(1)4

ASDM Version : 7.5(1)90

FirePower version : 5.4.1-211

When i start ASDM with firepower, i get the message "ASDM was unable to load the firewall's configuration."

When i start ASDM without firepower, it starts normally.

Java: Version 8 Update 65

Also via CLI i'm not able to login to the "session sfr console" with the default user/pass(or my asa user/pass).

Anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks, Gerk

Hi Grek,

Try the below, which resolved the issue for me, Also don't register the module with FireSIGHT management, then you will lose the function to manage the FirePower via ASDM.

Somewhat resolved the issue by Installing the ASDM in the Windows 7 OS with 32 bit Operating System.

Might be the solution seems to be strange, but that resolved the problem for me.

Its working fine now.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Downgrading to Windows 7 32bit is not a solution, more like a workaround, for our company.

I filed a TAC case with Cisco and hopefully they come with a more viable solution to this problem.

Kind regards,

Gerk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card