cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM will not launch

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

I have two identical firewalls that are running 9.4(2)11 with asdm-761.bin... One will launch the asdm just fine and the other will not. Configurations are same. They were both working at one time. Any ideas why the one stopped?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you got a valid "asdm image" line on both of them?  Does the ASDM image exist on the flash on the one that doesn't work?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you got a valid "asdm image" line on both of them?  Does the ASDM image exist on the flash on the one that doesn't work?

The ASDM images are the same on both systems. Not sure why it worked before and then stopped.. Keeps giving something about not being able to start from 10.10.0.1 (which is ip of management interface). I have console access but can see any configuration that would prevent me from using ASDM. Maybe I will reload ASDM image and try that. 

Found the issue. I had before created a trustpoint for my #1 FW and inadvertently copied the trustpoint to my #2 FW.. Well with no crypto trustpoint key, no workie.. I removed the trustpoint and started working again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card