Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance in Cisco NAC Implementation

haithamnofal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure a Cisco 4307R switch as a NAD and I have implemented the following scenario today but got stuck in the middle, let me explain to you first the scenario and then the problem I faced:

The scenario is:

We have 3 types of users connecting to the Cisco 4507R switch (acting as a NAD) as follows:

1- PC with CTA who is compliant with the Posture Validation policy (Windows XP SP 2)

2- PC with CTA who is non-compliant with the Posture Validation Policy

3- PC who does NOT have CTA client installed on it (i.e. we are simulating a printer here)

I am attaching you the switch configuration for your reference.

The result of the test was as follows:

1- The compliant CTA user got access to the network as desired but the Posture Validation column when doing "show eou all" is empty (i.e. blank column)!! So, how can we get Posture Validation status appear?

2- Now to simulate the non-compliant CTA user, I changed the Posture Validation config from Win XP SP2 to Win XP SP4 and connected the Win XP with SP2 PC to the switch port but we still was able to get access and we were not blocked the access as desired.

3- Finally, I have a McAfee EPO server version 3.6 which we need to integrate with the NAC system we are using, I would like to check what is the required NAC attribute definition file (ADF) for EPO that we need to import into the ACS server "the ACS is 3111 server"?

Can you please assist me in my issues?

Thanking in advance,

Haitham

1 Reply 1
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card