Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey guys and gals!  I have a couple of questions.I have an ASA 5505 that I log into and currently only need a password to log onto the device. How do I set it up so a username is required as well?Another user needs to access the device. How would...

Hi,I am running an environment with FWSM modules (version 4.1.5) and ASDM version 6.2(2)F.I notice that the hit counters are not accurate when looking at ASDM.The rule I am looking at has  "default" logging enabled - I see not hits on the rule but I ...

rcianci by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,I'm new to all this so please bear with me.I'm trying to configure, for the first time, my ASA 5505.I can connect to the device with the default settings but I cannot configure the device to perform it's role in our network.I've changed t...

johncwoo2 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Chaps,Is it possibel to bypass Cisco NAC with a client running VMWare.My understanding is that VMWare can run in a NAT mode which uses the IP and MAC of the guest OS, if this is the case then is it possible to fool NAC by running the Agent in a guest...

j.jeater by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have ASA 5520 which works fine, but after some time it denies any management access exept console. Asdm 641, SW asa 841. With previous versions i didn't have such problems. ASDM Launcher hangs duting log in, telnet and web access are logged:       ...

Hi,1. I get the following error when running a report;* Unable to create the report. The following error(s) occurred:1 : NBI Reports Login Failed. Security credentials not validwhat could be the issue?2. How do I create customized reports? Is creatin...

Hi,  I have the following Setup, Two Cisco ASA 5520 needed to be  configured in HA Active/Passive. The Firewalls includes also AIP module. Does the ASA 5520 will internally make the AIP modules also HA Active/Passive? Is there a document regarding th...

essa.anas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hola,El problema es que estoy migrando un firewall fortinet a un ASA5540, pero resulta que el firewall fortinet tiene 3 zonas inside (192.0.0.0/24), dmz(192.168.0.0/24), y outside (z.z.z.z), asi mismo hay una peculiaridad con el acceso a las aplicaci...

I am attempting to FTP to a remote site through a IPSEC tunnel.When I am transfering large files the ASA5540 is showing syslog errors stating "connection timeout".  What I think is happening is after about 1 hour the firewall is closing the connectio...

ddacus by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Guys,Can someone explain to me - or point me in the direction - where I may be better able to determine the difference between the following taps.     config                Enable SNMP config traps     config-copy       Enable SNMP config-copy tr...

Hello,i would like to ask if there is a way to block skype supernode packets on an IPS module. The reason why i want to block these application is because when skype starts on host in my network i establishes about 100 connections all over the globe....