Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi, I wish to initiate NAC implementation on our network.I need to present a simplified overview of what nac is and what devices we can use.Can someone help identify as to how NAC can be implemented and what devices and softwares can be used. Any exa...

Hi,I am purchasing 2 new ASA 5520 and wish for the to act as a failover pair in Active/Stanby mode. How many physical interfaces do I need in order to allow this to happen. Please note that the failover should be stateful!I don't think that I can p...

We currently have an IDS4215 that has been upgraded to IPS 6.0, i can access the device via ssh but whenever i try to fire up the GUI i get an error loading java applet failed. and the application just hangs there. what version of java should i use,...

Hello. I am trying to build a reflexive acl on a 7206 router (Version 12.3(17)) to help secure email without interruptingany other services, especially ftp. Here is what I have so far: ip access-list extended internal-smtp permit tcp 192.168.x.y a...

pdriscoll by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know I'm old school and I'm a crotchety old IT guy. Static and conduits worked fine for me and dagnabit, I want to keep things that way. Alas, I know that can't go on forever. So can someone help me convert a few commands to access-lists please?1) ...

mark by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have Pix 515E- Failover . when I power on just boot a little boot then freeze.I try to go rommon mode by press key break and ESC but no work,so it is hardware problem ??.IOS::6.3Thanksbiplob

iqbalkhan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Another question :(On an ASA 5520 I am trying to configure sub interfaces. However was created I am unable to ping that sub interfaces address from anywhere outside of its subnet. The setup is as follows:GIG0/0 Inside, 10.177.8.41, 255.255.2...

I seem to have stumbled on an issue in our test environment. Please see explanation below and relevant lines of the configuration.We have a PIX that is using 2 interfaces, inside and outside, no DMZ.The network outside of the PIX is 10.1.0.0/16. The ...

g.leonard by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have basic question related to failoverof PIX. I know that when I want to doPIX failover both devices should be the same related to HW. What on the other hand is better or more useful? Failover with Cisco Primary-Secondary cable or throught ...

johnleeee by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card