Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi experts,Since it's possible to implement some IDS functionality on routers and PIX's, in addition to IDS's, in a network where all 3 of these devices exist, is there any benefit to implementing some IDS functionality on PIX's and/or routers?And, i...

jimmi1015 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have been trying to configure Remote access VPN on an ASA 5510 using Microsoft IAS authentication. It does not seem to work. It works only with local authentication.I have tried different IAS servers OS running windows 2003 with and without SP1...

jpphilip1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI all,I'm trying to get a Draytek Vigor 2900 to talk through ipsec vpn to a PIX 515E running OS7.0.4. The pix has a fixed IP-Address and the Vigor has a DSL-Line connected providing changing addresses. The PIX-Log tells me "All IPSec SA proposals fo...

Dear Sir:i am using PIX (525) with ios 6.1 , and i have oracle 9 servers in DMZ , when a users from a LAN try to connect to these servers the connection in spite of all things between LAN and DMZ is open inaddition "fix up sqlnet 1521" is configure ,...

jawwalit by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I understand that to install Ciscoworks, I need root level permission. Do I need root access for any day to day activities? or through admin user I can login and maintain? For 'admin' user, a unix levle profile will be craeted? or just a application ...

I have an issue on a cisco2600 where the show version uptime shows different to the snmpwalk sysuptime. Any ideas?Many thanks, Rory.COGPBR004#sh verCisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-JS-M), Version 12.2(17a), ...

r-kaye by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer that has pix that connects to another pix using EasyVPN. The issue that I am having is that it seems that every couple of weeks the tunnel drops and does not come back up. The only way it appears to come back up is to remove the c...

smolz by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer who wants to use their PIX 506E with their new 1841 basic IP IOS router. They have 1 IP address available. Is it possible to just have the PIX be a firewall and all routing functions work through the 1841 or will I need NAT turned o...

After upgrading from IDS MC 2.02 to IPS MC 2.1 I no longer can get to the NSDB. Whenever I try to pull it up it cannot find the files. The path it's looking for it is https://server/vms/nsdb/html/nsdb/html/signature.html. Is this still applicable?

mcvosi by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card