Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

If the PIX is setup with a failover then afetr a defined poll interval if any of the links of the active PIX goes down , then the failover detects this and takes over as the Active.Is there any configuration by which i can restrict this to some of th...

Hi, I have Cisco Pix 5.15 with Version 5.1(2). I have three ethernet interface. One for the inside and two for outside. The outside interface is connected to the Fast ethernet interface of 3640 which has two ip address one primary and another seconda...

I Have 2 Cisco secure IDS formerly Netranger current 3.0(1)S8 and PIx 525 ver 6.1 am USING CSPM 2.3.2When I set up the signatures to shun they appear to do so but not in a very fast manner and then not throughly. As I look at my logs I am getting m...

jgbarnes by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know that when using HSRP for routers and switches that the HSRP that will use a virtual IP and MAC address that it uses in case of hardware failure. With a PIX 520 how exactly does he failover work?Is it similar to the way HSRP functions-i.e. virt...

mowtnman by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When compare Netscreen Firewall vs. Cisco Firewall PIX 535, The Netscreen Company said that:"While the PIX 535 does support gigabit firewall performance, this does not hold up under normal traffic activity. With just a few thousand sessions active o...

kvbien by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Every now and again my PIX 515 freezes completely and stops responding on the network completely. However, the failover unit doesn't kick in unless I physically switch off the box. Sometimes this is after a bunch of packets arrive from our perimi...

mishag by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two new 515 boxes that I upgraded from an old 520. I have kept some of the config, including this established command below.established tcp 135 0 permitto tcp 1024-65535 permitfrom tcp 0This was put in the pix config before I joined the compa...