Views
Helpful
Replies

Bock apk file extension and android software update in firesight

waiyantinwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How can I block apk file and android software update in ASA 5525x firesight? I have tried various ways to block them but cannot success yet.Please help me to solve that.

15 Replies 15

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You can use application filtering to block google play and then use url filtering to block specific updates URL's

Rate if helps.

Yogesh

Hi.

I want to block apk file extensions in Policies)Access Control)Malware and File Tab.

I do not see APK file type in File policy. Please help me to solve that.

File policies can only act on the pre-defined file types that are recognized by FirePOWER. Those are the only ones listed in the Malware and File tab.  If it's not listed there (as APK files are not) then you cannot use a File Policy to block them.

You need to instead use an alternative method such as the one Yogesh described. (Though since the Google Play store is strictly https, you would also need a decryption policy.)

Another option would be to use OpenDNS and block access to Google Play via its policy.

Thanks Rhoads,

You mean we can only use predefined file types in firesight policy.Must search alternative way to block them.Right?

You're welcome.

Yes that's correct.

If the file type is not among the predefined types then you cannot block it with a file policy.

Sorry for another question.let me ask you.I see custom file list in file policy.Can I use that object instead of alternative way? 

Thanks for your reply.

You can but that does not accept extension as a way to define object. You would need to define a SHA value which will be for a unique file.

Yes.. I already tested for that object.It is just only for unique file sha calculation not APK files calculation.So the file policy did not affect on other apk.

OK.. Thanks yogdhanu and Rhoads. 

Where can I cross in this web page to discover the today's Cisco WebEx and Jabber APK for Android? I used to come to the web page earlier than it became redesigned to get here, but now I can not find them.

apksave53
Level 1
Level 1

This software extension proved beneficial for my booty calls mod version. Thank you so much for sharing.

joshuaperez
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem too, anyone have any workaround for it?

ditchnedjib
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I cross in this web page to discover the today's Cisco WebEx and Jabber APK for Android? I used to come to the web page earlier than it became redesigned to get here , but now I can not find them.

Where can I cross in this web page to discover the today's Cisco WebEx and Jabber APK for Android? I used to come to the web page earlier than it became redesigned to get here, but now I can not find them.

apksave53
Level 1
Level 1

Want to go on an adventure with your friends. Then play free fire generator. Generate premium accounts for free and get unlimited fun. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card