Views
Helpful
Replies

Browser in different language

Tazio4436
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have couple of users that do not use English to browse internet although they do understand and speak English properly.

They do all their notes in their own language.

We have put in place to block certain words and website and I am just wandering if this still applies to those users as they are not using English and if this is a common allowable practice in the industry when talking about cyber security.

Thay can be going to sites that are not safe and we will not be knowing.

Thanks

Tazio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Tazio4436 "We have put in place to block certain words and website" - how are you doing that?

Nothing in Cisco ASA or FTD allows you to block words.

Website blocks can be done on ASA (rarely used) of in FTD - using URL filtering feature to block on categories or basic access control to block on FQDNs. Any of those will be equally effective no matter what language or browser the end user is using. (Unless they are using bypass methods like TOR or VPN etc. to bypass your controls.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rhingel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you share any piece of the policy you are running? I am not sure if I understood your question, sorry.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Tazio4436 "We have put in place to block certain words and website" - how are you doing that?

Nothing in Cisco ASA or FTD allows you to block words.

Website blocks can be done on ASA (rarely used) of in FTD - using URL filtering feature to block on categories or basic access control to block on FQDNs. Any of those will be equally effective no matter what language or browser the end user is using. (Unless they are using bypass methods like TOR or VPN etc. to bypass your controls.)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card