cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i enable Top Usage tab on ASDM Firewall Dashboard ?

info
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Today I upgraded my Cisco ASA 5505 ASDM from version 6.34 to 6.41 cause of some problems on old version with NetFlow.

But now when I switch to dashboard i can not see "Top Usage" tab. That was quite usefull for me. It simply disappeared.

Can i somehow configure which tabs are displayed on dashboard ? I really need that one and I do not want to downgrade :/

8 Replies 8

On the release notes of that version they don't mention anything about removing that tab. Which version of OS are you running, 8.4?

If not then maybe that feature is not compatible with asdm 6.4 and your ASA OS version.

Check this note:

Although ASDM 6.4 supports many ASA versions, the ASDM 6.4 documentation and online help only include features for ASA 8.4. For older ASA versions, you might find that using the ASDM 6.4 documentation is inaccurate for your older feature set. Instead, refer to the ASDM guide in which support for your platform version was added (to see when support was added, see Cisco ASA 5500 Series Hardware and Software Compatibility for the minimum supported version of ASDM for each ASA version; this version is the one where support was added). Although the specific information about the ASDM GUI might be inaccurate in that guide, the platform feature set is documented correctly.

I found it here:
I hope this helps

Im using Software ASA Version 8.2(2) and I had "Top Usage" tab with that software on

ASDM 6.34 all the time before upgrading. to 6.4. I didnt change ASA software version :/

it might be an incompatibility issue.

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adam,

This likely happened due to the fix that went into ASDM 6.4(1) for bug CSCth62685.

I would suggest opening a TAC case for this so it can be investigated and if the fix was not meant to remove the entire "Top Usage" pane (I do not believe that it was), we can file another bug with the development team to get it back in.

The workaround would be to downgrade to the latest ASDM 6.2, or configure 'threat-detection statistics port' and 'threat-detection statistics protocol' on the CLI and downgrade to the latest ASDM 6.3.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Thank You. So i will open TAC for that problem and i hope that would be fixed soon .

Hi Adam,

did you downgrade it back to 6.3? Does it bring back the tab? I have the same problem.

Hi

I was suggested to downgrade to ASDM 6.2 cause its the proper version for software v8.2 I had.

So now I have ASA software cersion 8.2(2) and ASDM version 6.2(5)53 and everything works fine for me

Hi,

Can we configure last 10 minutes for top users, the minimum level it is showing 1 hour but is there any way to configure minimum level to 10 minutes.

Ashok Kumar S

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card