cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can I have both IPS and Content security on ASA5510?

Echo Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert

We want to have a ASA5510 with both IPS function and Content Security feature, while I checked on Cisco website, looks like ASA5510 or 5520 only have one SSM slot, so I can only use either AIP module or CSC module, does it mean I can not get both features at the same time.

Right now I want to have IPS function and anti-spam, anti-virus, antiphishing, content filtering, URL blocking such feature, so what do I need to buy to have all of these function in one device?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

sansarav720e
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Echo Chan .

You can go with CSC module for your requirement , most of your requirement could be satisified by CSC module except IPS functionality

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_qas0900aecd8040397e_ps9774_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

The Cisco ASA 5500 Series CSC-SSM is an add-on services module for Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliances. It delivers industry-leading threat protection and content control at the Internet edge, providing comprehensive antivirus, anti-spyware, file blocking, anti-spam, anti-phishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering services.

HTH

Thks

Santhosh Sarav

HTH Regards Santhosh Saravanan

Hi Expert,

Does the new ASA X series range of firewall support IPS, AV, Anti-Spam and Anti-Bot in one appliance?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card