cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I upgrade from asa924-smp-k8.bin to asa924-18-smp-k8.bin without issues? ASA 5545 failover issues

Hi everybody,

I have issues in 2 ASA 5545 with CX about failover and i want upgrade from this old versión ( asa924-smp-k8.bin ) to this Interim versión ( asa924-18-smp-k8.bin ).

My problem:

The users can´t view the web page but they can ping to servers or internet without problem, something blocks the internet and the workaround is apply a failover. Only local users registered in CDA is affected.

I don´t know if this upgrade maybe cause me more issues, months ago  we opened a case and TAC suggested install this old versión ( asa924-smp-k8.bin ) to give stability with CX.

I got worry to upgrade this versión ( asa924-18-smp-k8.bin ) apparently is more new by the revision number, but TAC determined the old versión as the best in that moment by the CX stability.

failover history:

Active Config Applied      Active                     Service card in other unit has failed

Asa5545MDF-Corp/act/sec#  sh version

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.2(4)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We had continuous issues with CX and ASA failover.  It was very sensitive to the ASA version - but I would never describe it as ever having been "rock solid"

We ended up reaching out to the local Cisco people and they gave us a credit for the remaining CX licence towards a new Firepower licence.

My advise - change over to Firepower or be forever doomed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We had continuous issues with CX and ASA failover.  It was very sensitive to the ASA version - but I would never describe it as ever having been "rock solid"

We ended up reaching out to the local Cisco people and they gave us a credit for the remaining CX licence towards a new Firepower licence.

My advise - change over to Firepower or be forever doomed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card