Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Open Spam Quarantine page on IRONPORT

yonimarcos123
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have Cisco c 160 ( version 8.0.1-023),i want to realse mail from spam quarantine,when i select monitor>spam quarantine  >press on the number of the mail ,the new windows open but with "canot display the webpage" ,these way i can't release mail from spam qurantine.i try another broswer and add the page to  trusted site but its still not work.

4 Replies 4

mnazme1976
Level 1
Level 1

anyone have solution for this issue.!!!?

I know this is old, but should help anyone else that has the same issue.  To solve your issue with the 404 spam page, you need to manually create a DNS entry.  If you are running DNS Manager on your domain controller, you would create "New Host (A or AAAA)" under your domain. 

You can do this by expanding "Forward Lookup Zones" and then right click on your domain and choose "New Host (A or AAAA)".  In the "Name" textbox, put the name you gave your ironport appliance (example iron.domain.local).  In the "IP address:", you need to put the IP address (example 10.1.5.2) that you use to manage your ironport appliance.  If you open up a browser and navigate to the name of your ironport appliance, it should resolve now.

You were getting the 404 page because the link was using the name that you gave your ironport instead of the IP, which the name is not associating to the IP on your network.  If you replaced the name with the IP, it should work.  This is what the fix was for my situation.  

Finally, do a flushdns and registerdns on your computer and then try again.
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

hi shawn,

dns host is created but still i cant access the quarantine. even with IP.

enable quarantine setting in IP Interfaces tab... 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card