Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access a Firepower FDM on Google Chrome

MSakr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

When I try to access FDM on Chrome, this what I get, it used to work previously but slow.

On Edge the page does not even open, it keeps loading.. using Windows client, what are other browsers I can use also to be able to administer the appliance?

Thank you

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've used Chrome, Edge and Firefox successfully to access FDM.

Try using a private browsing / incognito session. If that works, then you may need to clear cookies and/or flush the cache in your browser(s).

Tried incognito, same thing.. rebooted the appliance.. still issue there

**bleep** I miss old telnet and CLI

Now I noticed in the text data I get that there is a policy pointing to a .2 IP as management from the same inside configured subnet, so probably there is a policy there requiring to connect from that IP to be able to administer it.. however when I try to reconfigure the admin laptop to that IP, it gives me duplicate IP on the network, eventhough that is the only machine connected.. can't see if it is binded to a port on the fw.. which I doubt.. unless they used the same range for the management interface..

A buggy policy restriction seems to make sense, blocking most of the content but not all.. on Firefox I get an access denied error.. on other browsers I get partial content as in the screengrabs provided.. 

denilson.mota
Level 1
Level 1

It seems java problem, try to update your JRE and try again.

Cheers

@denilson.mota FDM does not use the JRE. It's HTML5-based.

Samer R. Saleem
Level 4
Level 4

Use Firefox.

Hi

I used all 5 browsers with no luck (IE-Edge-Firefox-Chrome-Opera)

MSakr
Level 1
Level 1

We ended replacing the appliance as it was a loaner, the new appliance did not have any issues

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card