Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Create FTD container instance on 4140

Nuhu_20071
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All, 

We are facing some problem with creating FTD container instance on 4140 Platform ...Attached here is 

error message..

Appreciate your prompt support .....

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Marvin Rhoads for your reply,

Actually, we are deploying the FTD 4140 series from the Scratch i-e default setup we have.

So you are suggesting removing the default native instance in order to assign resources to the different instances as per our requirement.

Reply Plz 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The error refers to a native instance. Do you have a native instance defined on the 4140 already? That cannot coexist with containers as a native instance takes all of the chassis resources.

Thanks, Marvin Rhoads for your reply,

Actually, we are deploying the FTD 4140 series from the Scratch i-e default setup we have.

So you are suggesting removing the default native instance in order to assign resources to the different instances as per our requirement.

Reply Plz 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The last 4100 series I setup from scratch (just a couple of weeks ago) did not have any logical device instance when it was new out of the box. In any event, you must have either a native instance (one only) or container instance(s) (1 or more). The two types cannot coexist on a Firepower 4100 series appliance.

Dear Marvin Rhoads, 

Good Day.

Agreed we need either to go with Native ( Single ) or Container ( Multi-Instance ).

Our requirement is to go with Container (Multi-Instance), So can you guide what steps we need to process.

Regards

@Nuhu_20071  Cisco has a very thorough and comprehensive guide documented here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fp4100/firepower-4100-gsg/chassis_setup.html#concept_odn_cwr_xgb

Since you appear have have a naive instance already created, you should delete it first and then follow the guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: