Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete comment on ACP rule on FTD 2100

sam cook
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I do not find how to delete comment on ACP rule on FTD 2100.

any help please ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the screenshot. I tested and looks like this is expected behavior for now. An internal enhancement request to change it is already there. You can reach out to your accounts team to ask for more prioritization for this one.

CSCvb48396 its not visible publicly.

Hope it helps,

Yogesh

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sam,

Do you get any error while trying to delete the comment?

What's the version of FMC in use?

If you are deleting the comment and it does not save, try from a different browser. If that also doesn't work, you might need a TAC case here.

Hope it helps,

Yogesh

HI

I'm on FMC 6.2.2, the problem is , i don't find the button to delete :

X4.png

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the screenshot. I tested and looks like this is expected behavior for now. An internal enhancement request to change it is already there. You can reach out to your accounts team to ask for more prioritization for this one.

CSCvb48396 its not visible publicly.

Hope it helps,

Yogesh

okay then thanks :)

+1 for this issue, As more customers are asking about this feature. If they edit a rule and added comment with a wrong ticket number and saved the rule, after that their is no option to edit or delete the comment.

A year has passed, the problem has not been solved, bravo!

another year has passed

Has this been addressed? It doesn't appear so. I have about 10k+ rules that need to have a temporary / test comment applied to them removed, and there's no way to do it apparently. Its also apparently causing a problem with how recommendation comparisons are occurring against other layers. When a comment is applied, is removes the recommendation comparison setting for the rule, and thus is only visible from viewing within the Recommendation layer,, making comparison not possible. Please push bug correction CSCvb48396. TIA.

Hi,

do we have any update on this case? https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvb48396 is open from 2016 and in FMC 7.3 we are still not able to modify/delete comments in ACP...

Jan

jont717
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue?  

Any word when this will be available? 

Yes, I would like to be able to see the ability to delete comments as copying ACP entries and pasting them carries over the comment contents as well. This can be very confusing to someone reading the comments later when reviewing.

+1 for implementing this "behavior".

+1 this is insane that you cannot copy a rule, because the comments are carried over

Yes. It really does make a mess. We have some rules with 4 comments
because of copy and pasting rules.

Garry Cross
Level 1
Level 1

I will add that not being able to edit or delete a comment is insane. The migration tool adds the remarks from an ACL to the comments and does not care if they apply, nor can it know if the comment is applicable to the rule it's attached to. So now one must memorize the rule, create a copy without comments. How much trouble can it be to provide a delete or edit option?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card