Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot establish Citrix connection through PIX

egrant2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am behind a PIX v6.2(2) and trying to make a connection to a Citrix server behind a Checkpoint firewall using Checkpoint's Securemote VPN client software to establish a secure connection. However I am unable to make this Citrix connection.

So far I have successfully:

-established a connection via the Securemote app and am authenticated into their network.

-been able to Ping this Citrix server (once the VPN is established).

I am not seeing any traffic being blocked on our firewall coming from this clients Citrix server. I asked their admin to look at his logs. He tells me that he sees the traffic coming in from our network going to his Citrix server. However, he does not see the return traffic from his Citrix server ever leave his network, apparently there isn't any return traffic of any sort in his firewall logs. This sounds to me as though they are having an issue on their end? It is my understanding that there are some communication issues between a PIX and Checkpoint firewall is that statement correct?

ANY help would be MOST appreciated!

TIA

1 Reply 1

bizsnatch
Level 1
Level 1

You may have already addressed this... You need to ensure the following ports are open for Citrix:

Ports: TCP 1494 and UDP 1604.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card