Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Load dashboard of Sourcefire Management

bdeclaro181
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem regarding on my sourcefire management and firewall 5500-x series.The dashboard of may sourcefire did not loading.

and i try to check the memory of firewall it says the free space is bigger than the total space of the firewall.

i hope you someone can help me with this.

5 Replies 5

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Did you check the timestamp window if it is correctly set ?

Also, check if logging is enabled on the policy and if you are getting connection events ?

Try rebooting the box once and see if it helps .

Thanks,

Ankita

Hi Ankita,

the timestamp window is correctly set and also i've already enabled the logging.

For this time, it is hard for me to reboot the appliance because it is running on my production.

Is there any way or tweak to solve this problem??

Thanks in advance...

Bernard

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Always try to keep the device in the latest code to avail all new features with the device.After the proper installation and having all the required license including Firesight host license you need to make sure that the traffic has been properly redirected to pass through the Firepower.If the Firepower is redirecting the traffic you can see the same by enabling the logging under the access control policy by Policies > Access Control > Rules > Logging > Logging at beginning of connection or Logging at end of connection . Once after enabling logging, save and reapply or redeploy the policy changes. Each device has its own database connection settings. So you can refer the following link and see how much of events can be logged in the device.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firesight/541/user-guide/F...

If you can see the respective connection events under Analysis > Connection Events , the dashboard data also should populate . If you already enabled the above and still no events are coming up then please perform the following by the login to Firesight CLI by elevating to root user.

1) Verify the following service is running

pmtool status | grep SFTop10Cacher

2) Restart the service

pmtool restartbyid  SFTop10Cacher

3) You should see the service as running with a different pid

Verify the dashboard after 30 minutes.

Rate and mark correct if the post helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Jetsy,

If im going to restart the SFTop10Cacher, is there any chances that the appliance will restart also?

Thank You an Best Regards,

Bernard

Hello Bernard,

If you restarting just a SFTop10Cacher process it wont restart the system.

As I mentioned in the previous post , If you can see the respective connection events under Analysis > Connection Events , the dashboard data also should populate . If you already enabled the above and still no events are coming up then please perform the following by the login to Firesight CLI by elevating to root user.

1) Verify the following service is running

2) Restart the service

pmtool restartbyid  SFTop10Cacher

3) You should see the service as running with a different pid

Verify the dashboard after 30 minutes.

Rate and mark correct if the post helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card