What to do?

Thank for the help: Joseph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Seems both the network address and mask are wrong.

There are not that many commands related to routes you can use

This seems like some bug. I dont know why it is giving a message of adding a route when you are removing one.

I tried this with my home ASA5505 (8.4(5)) and it wont let me even add that route to begin with.

One command you could try (risks involed) is to remove all the routes regarding "alba-dmz" interface on the ASA. This command doesnt specify the exact route to be removed but rather removes all static routes from that interface so it has its own risks.

ASA(config)# clear configure route alba-dmz

Depending on your network setup you might want to do this outside normal working hours since you need to remove all routes from that interface. I am not sure if it will work.

One idea is naturally booting up the ASA if you havent saved the configuration

Or perhaps trying to boot the ASA with a configuration file that doesnt include the route

- Jouni

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Seems both the network address and mask are wrong.

There are not that many commands related to routes you can use

This seems like some bug. I dont know why it is giving a message of adding a route when you are removing one.

I tried this with my home ASA5505 (8.4(5)) and it wont let me even add that route to begin with.

One command you could try (risks involed) is to remove all the routes regarding "alba-dmz" interface on the ASA. This command doesnt specify the exact route to be removed but rather removes all static routes from that interface so it has its own risks.

ASA(config)# clear configure route alba-dmz

Depending on your network setup you might want to do this outside normal working hours since you need to remove all routes from that interface. I am not sure if it will work.

One idea is naturally booting up the ASA if you havent saved the configuration

Or perhaps trying to boot the ASA with a configuration file that doesnt include the route

- Jouni

A brute force ploy would be to export (scp or tftp) a copy of the startup-config, edit it to remove the offending route, import it under a different name (xxx.txt), do copy xxx.txt startup-config to overwrite it, and then reload.

-- Jim Leinweber, WI State Lab of Hygiene

sorosj
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot!!

Joseph

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card