cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change clock and updating vdb

gogi99
Level 1
Level 1

my company has the firepower 1120. when i want upfate, maualy or scheduled, geolocation, vdb, intrusion rule, i receive error like on picture

gogi99_0-1724046013211.jpeg

i noticed on my device 

dri-firepower# show timezone
Timezone: UTC
dri-firepower# show clock
Thu Aug 15 06:42:08 UTC 2024
dri-firepower#

for my country is wrong timezone. im in UTC+1. how change time zone. maybe its solution for above problem?

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvm03931

For time zone checkout : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/ftd-2100-ntp-timezone-issue/m-p/3372557#M924019
     Also you may  try to use the command configure user-time-zone   or the API explorer to set the time zone settings when using a FDM locally managed FTD.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@gogi99 - More likely you are running an old version affected by the bug as suggested by @marce1000. Cisco changed the CA they use and older versions didn't trust that CA. 

What version are you running?

What version are you running on the FTD?  There was a bug a while ago where we needed to update the internal certificates on the FTD (ref. the links @marce1000 has posted.)

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

my version of device is 

Model : Cisco Firepower 1120 Threat Defense (78) Version 6.6.1 (Build 91)
UUID : 639d71b6-251a-11eb-909f-93c38cfed737
Rules update version : 2023-01-09-001-vrt
VDB version : 361

Then you are affected by the bug.  This bug is fixed in 7.x.  The recommended fix is to upgrade to a version where this issue is solved.

If you decide to fix this manually your self (not involving TAC) you can follow the steps in the link below.  I do not recommend this and if you decide to do this you do so at your own risk.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvm81052

--

where i can find the v7.1 of my firepower 1120? some instruction? can i use the FDM

when i click on your link for downloading, i cannot download. i receive message like on image

service contact.jpg

The software is not free for anyone to download. As the message indicates, you must have a support contract associated with your cisco.com ID.

to download software images from Cisco you need to have a valid support contract.  If you do have a valid contract you need to get your Cisco partner to associate your CCO ID with the contract to permit you to download.

--
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card