Views
Helpful
Replies

cidcli on ssm10 crashes

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

hi out there

I have another SSM10 module where I cannot login to the cidcli any more. The IME and service account works fine but the administrator account fails - even if I create another user it fails - and this also make sense becuase if you logon through the service account and go to /var/log and take a look in messages this note is added:

Jun 21 08:04:59 sensor local6.crit cids: 21Jun2013 08:04:59.366 -cidcli[20438] Syslog/F cidCheckResource: Condition failed: myFileHandle.isValid(),  Permission denied (FILE: /view/ipsbuild-spyker_717sp/vob/csids_3/dev/srcPool/lib/core/cidRandomAccessFile.cpp  LINE: 168

Jun 21 08:04:59 sensor local6.crit cids: 21Jun2013 08:04:59.370 -cidcli[20438] Syslog/F errSystemError threadStart catch(resource exception) cidCheckResource: Condition failed: myFileHandle.isValid(),  Permission denied (FILE: /view/ipsbuild-spyker_717sp/vob/csids_3/de

Has somebody had a similar problem - which "resource" is got permissions corrupted - or which file has maybe been deleted accidently?

I could of course just do a recover from the ASA but since the IME cannot backup the current config and I cannot backup the config from the Service Account it is a bit of a pain. I have an old config ( and well not much has changed) but just to ensure that I have a running config I would really prefer to create a fresh backup before I recover that little blade...

1 Reply 1

Luis Silva Benavides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have seen this issue when the module is unable to update signatures/global-correlation or when the is an host that constantly tries to login to the IPS; but without the "show tech" is hard to determine the root cause.

If you can share it will be great otherwise, double-check it yourself and look for the logs from the moment you tries to login

HTH

Luis Silva

"If you need PDI (Planning, Design, Implement) assistance feel free to reach"

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/pdihd.html

Luis Silva
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card