Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2100 FMC setup questions

vgershman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a few questions about cisco 2100 setup via FMC UI.

1. I have 2 firewalls. If i setup SNMP for each one separately, it gives me an option to setup the trap as INFORM. If i try to setup SNMP via Platform settings, i do not see INFORM option. is that correct?

2. If i use api-explorer for REST APIs, i did not see REST call for Power supply or temperature information. How can i monitor those via REST API?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

luizsil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Which version are you using ?
For background information, Pre 6.6 (<=6.5.x) the FPR2100 would actually have 2 SNMP Engines running, one under the Linux/FXOS and another under LINA(ASA). This would require you to configure on both places if you wanted all the information (Chassis + LINA/ASA Syslog).

Post 6.6 (>=6.6) we have unified the SNMP Process, is now actually a single one running under Linux/FXOS with access to everything (LINA/ASA and Chassis). After this the only correct way to configure the SNMP is the Platform Settings.

To Monitor chassis information (PSU,Temperature,etc...), you will need to either configure under the Devices if <6.6 or under platform settings if >=6.6.
Does this clarify ?

Hello,

We are using version 7.  I am using FMC UI to setup. My question is about SNMP traps vs. Informs setup.

I am able to setup each device separately and it gives me the Inform option. If i try the setup under Platform Settings, it does not give me the option for INFORM. 

As far as Chassis information - I want to do it using REST API. However i do not see the Power supply Parameter under Chassis API in API explorer.

Thanks 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card