cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 V08

chuckjayfoltz
Level 1
Level 1

OK so this seems to be a hardware issue im trying to get an answer on.  I have a 5505 v08 ASA and it works perfect currently.  If I try to use any other version of ios on it it will not boot.  I have replaced the flash card and ram from another ASA that was upgraded and working fine with same results.  The device boots up but just sits at loading (when it goes to load the image after rommon) and does not display any # symbols like its loading.  I can leave it for hours.  I have verified the ram or cards work in another asa with the new ios.  So it looks to be a hardware issue with the ASA.  I do not have a service contract cause I never really delt with that part of Cisco yet.  The device is like 3 years old.  Would this be something I can get fixed or will I be stuck with ios 7.2 for the life of it?

Also I have factory reset the ASA with same results and tried loading the image from a tftp server directly.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

hello

recommending you to place this question to Security -> Firewalling forum instead of Small Business Security. Cisco ASA devices are not part of Small Business portfolio and ASA knowledgeable users are probably not checking this Small Business. That's reason why nobody responded yet probably.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card