Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5506-X with firepower. Not supported

Alberto1085
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i purchased Cisco ASA 5506-X with firepower from partner cisco

The firewall come with ios version 9.12, so firepower is unsupported on my cisco asa 5506-X.

I need firepower threat license TAMC for url filtering but it won't work on my device so i will not buy it.

How can i solve this issue?

Should i downgrade to version 9.9? This version was released three years ago, it seems old to me.

By the way, I can't download sw from cisco because i do not have service contract.

Could someone help me please?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is the only option i see here :

No support in 9.10(1) and later for the ASA FirePOWER module on the ASA 5506-X series and the ASA 5512-X—The ASA 5506-X series and 5512-X no longer support the ASA FirePOWER module in 9.10(1) and later due to memory constraints. You must remain on 9.9(x) or lower to continue using this module. Other module types are still supported. If you upgrade to 9.10(1) or later, the ASA configuration to send traffic to the FirePOWER module will be erased; make sure to back up your configuration before you upgrade. The FirePOWER image and its configuration remains intact on the SSD. If you want to downgrade, you can copy the ASA configuration from the backup to restore functionality.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks, i'm not on 9.9 but i purchsed firewall with 9.12 pre-installed. So i have to downgrade?

Sure - that is odd, when they shipping SFR with ASA, they should ship with the right version, so your time will be saved.

BB

ok, and what about threat defense software such as url filtering? (TAMC license)

Did you mean this service will keep working?

Is it safe in your opinion downgrade to 9.9 ios version?

yes, it works as expected - make sure also check SFR stable version loaded - before you go live.

here device manager compatible list, also SFR.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade/planning.html

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card