Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5508-x With firepower implementation - doubts

abushayeed1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our network we are going to newly deploy Cisco ASA 5508-x and 5518-x along with source fire. Where in all the sites the devices will have both Firewall + IPS functionality  and in some sites we had planned to configure VPN concentrator in the along with the existing functionality.

We were also planning to configure Cisco security manager and Firepower management center to manger ASA and firepower globally as Virtual Appliance format in  ESXi box.

Here are my questions could you experts please clarify my doubts.

1.) Do i need to keep two separate interfaces for CSM and FMC management or how can i do my configuration because both the things were going to managed by two separate  teams.

2.) Do i need to have some centralized console server to login to CSM and FMC consoles which is installed in ESXi boxes.

3.) Will ASA 5508/16-x firewall will support static NAT for DMVPN establishment where the DMVPN configuration resides in router which is inside the firewall. 

4.) Any reference link for the configuration template would be very helpful.

Regards,

Abu

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate post. See here: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13093471/cisco-asa-5508-x-firepower-implementation-doubts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card