cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5512-X memory

Philip Curwen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I have 2 Cisco ASA 5512-x's. They both came with 4GB memory (I believe that's standard) When I do a "sh ver" I get this output:

Cisco5512-RESI up 3 days 8 hours

Hardware:   ASA5512, 4096 MB RAM, CPU Clarkdale 2792 MHz, 1 CPU (2 cores)
            ASA: 1323 MB RAM, 1 CPU (1 core)
Internal ATA Compact Flash, 4096MB

Why does it show "ASA: 1323 MB RAM"?  And when in the ASDM it only shows 1.3GB memory..Shouldn't it read 4GB?

Cheers

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ressources (memory and CPU-cores) are split between the ASA itself and the security-module. On the first line you see how many resources are totally available. On the second line you see haw many resources are reserved for the ASA. The rest is for the module.

As far as I know, the amount of resources is dependent on the module in use. At the moment I only have one 5512-X available to compare it, this one has the CX-module installed:

Hardware: ASA5512, 4096 MB RAM, CPU Clarkdale 2793 MHz, 1 CPU (2 cores)
ASA: 2048 MB RAM, 1 CPU (1 core)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

The ressources (memory and CPU-cores) are split between the ASA itself and the security-module. On the first line you see how many resources are totally available. On the second line you see haw many resources are reserved for the ASA. The rest is for the module.

As far as I know, the amount of resources is dependent on the module in use. At the moment I only have one 5512-X available to compare it, this one has the CX-module installed:

Hardware: ASA5512, 4096 MB RAM, CPU Clarkdale 2793 MHz, 1 CPU (2 cores)
ASA: 2048 MB RAM, 1 CPU (1 core)
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card