cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5516-X FirePower Services - LDAP AD.

Lucio Garrido
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community of cisco,

I need your comments about the Cisco ASA 5516-X with FirePower Services, I need know if this device have the possibility to integrated with Active-Directory, but, no only for group, if not for a one user in specific inside of the group.

For example I know that is possible apply one policy X to a group X. But I dont know if is possible apply the policy Y for one only user inside of the group X.

Thanks for your comments. 

2 Replies 2

Sean Oskar
Level 1
Level 1

Why not create a separate group for the user and apply the policy to that group?

Hello Sean, 

In this moment I´m in the design part, the device 5516-X it is my proposal in solving security, content filtering etc... and one of the most important requirements is to assign content filtering policies even group AD , and if within this group and we have a policy assigned to a user to which we must give other types of leave , may be performed , and my question is the ASA users can by a group of AD , or only see the groups?

As you mention me I can create policies for the users outside the group, I can exclude one or more user groups in AD and apply others policies regardless of the group, this without changing the configuration of the server or should I also do there.

Thanks and regards!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card