Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5525, RDP and TCP-Reset-I

SlipKo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We have Cisco ASA 5525 in Failover mode (Active/Passive) (SW 9.2.2.4), 4 RDP Servers based on WinServer 2012R2(Serv_Net sec level 50), PCs connected to ASA (PC_Net, sec level 50) and uplink to Corporate Networks (CORP_NET, sec level 0).

When we connect from PCs which connected to ASA to RDP to servers - all ok. If we connect to servers from Corporate network - then log contain:

%ASA-6-302014: Teardown TCP connection 192428168 for CORP_NET:ip_pc_from_corp_net/52069 to SERV_NET:rdp_server_ip/3389 duration 0:00:21 bytes 0 TCP Reset-I
%ASA-4-313005: No matching connection for ICMP error message: icmp src CORP_NET:dst SERV_NET:rdp_server_ip (type 3code 13) on CORP_NET interface. Original IP payload: tcp src rdp_server_ip/3389 dst ip_pc_from_corp_net/52069.

Packet-tracer test print that all ok and packets from pc to server allow.

icmp protocol allowed on all interfaces.

On Win server "netstat -o" show syn_receive and connection isn't established.

P.S. I know that icmp type 3 code 13 says that problem on rdp server, but firewall on server is turn off.

1 Reply 1

TCP-Reset-I indicates that the device on SERV_NET is sending a reset notification.  Have you checked the logs on the server you are trying to RDP to?

Set up a capture on the SERV_NET interface and see if you are getting any return traffic from the server. Might give an idea of where the issue is.

cap cap_SERV_NET interface SERV_NET match host ip rdp_server_ip host ip_pc_from_corp_net

show cap_SERV_NET

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card