Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5525-x memory

JariW
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Whe have got multiple ASA 5525-x. As ordered with 8Gb. But when upgrading the Firepower module whe have discovered with show version the data below.....

Hardware: ASA5525, 4096 MB RAM, CPU Lynnfield 2393 MHz, 1 CPU (4 cores)
ASA: 2122 MB RAM, 1 CPU (1 core)

Is it possible for the 5525 to have that low memory? I didn't  look in the the Asa itself to check.... but are the memory modules changeable (can they be removed? )?

Thanx in advance..

5 Replies 5

asa 5525 by default come with 8gb

ASA5525.PNG

if you have install the SFR or upgrade it than it has consume the space and what space left is shown to you. also you can run a command

show inventory

what is the software version you on. just thinking could be a cosmetic bug.

please do not forget to rate.

Hi Sheraz,

Name: "Chassis", DESCR: "ASA 5525-X with SW, 8 GE Data, 1 GE Mgmt, AC" (and a bit more for the ssd). Is the 8Ge for the internal memory ? (could also be the flash).

The asa version is 9.8.(3) 18

Upgrading the Firepower module gives a low memory warning.. that's why it didn't work adn why whe noticed the ram failure

Hi JariW,

if you have a support contract with cisco raise a TAC case something does not seem right here.

please do not forget to rate.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When an ASA 5500-X (except 5585-X) has a Firepower module it dynamically allocates half the physical memory at boot time to the service module. So you have 4 GB for ASA code and 4 GB for the Firepower service module in your case.

The memory is not upgradable. 

Hi Marvin..

I understand that, but it looks like it has 4 Gb and indeed 2Gb is assigned.

Whe did the same upgrade on a other 5525 and got 8Gb with  4Gb assigned.

So i understand that the memory isn't replacable with new memory?

Grts

Jari

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card