Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Asa 5525x

peterthasilba
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening everyone.
We bought a cisco asa 5525x from an auction site. It's a never used one.
When trying to register by SN in cisco, it gave me a not found product, so we talked to cisco and they say that we have talk to the reseller so he can extend the license. But it's an auction site, not a reseller.
I cant download any software from cisco as its a not found SN.
I cant even login to ftd CLI because the default user admin and password Admin123 not being accepted. 
Can anyone point the direction to something I can do to workaround this problem?
I'm very new to networking and IT, but would love to start to evolve.

Thank you very much

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- To verify the product integrity and validity enter the SN in this app : https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

peterthasilba
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply marce, but already did that.
Here is a screenshot of what I get when I check the SN

Capture.PNG

You will not be able to see the SN unless your CCO account is associated with the contract that the ASA is currently associated with.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it running ASA software (most likely ) or FTD (much less likely and would require additional licenses to use it effectively)? You should be able to capture output from serial console while booting to determine which. Please share the output if you are unsure.

If it's ASA software, you can recover password thus: https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/asa-password-recovery/ta-p/3126046

For FTD on ASA, it's harder....

To register the ASA to your CCO account or contract you would need to get your Cisco partner to work some "magic".  My company does this a lot but unfortunately I am not involved with this, but I believe our service team gets in touch with our Cisco representative who assists in moving the serial number to the correct contract.  So I would suggest to contact your local Cisco partner and discuss with them how to best move forward with this.  I am sure they can help you come up with a solution.

For password recovery see the following link: https://www.tunnelsup.com/how-to-do-a-password-recovery-on-a-cisco-asa-firewall/

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hi Marius. Thank you for the reply. I'll try to find a local partner to see if they can help.

peterthasilba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marvin. Thanks for the reply.

I think it boots to ftd, it askes for ftd login when i'm connected to console.
I can't even connect to gui since I need to enable the server and cannot download any software from cisco for the reasons I wrote above.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card