Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA ASDM

Steven Chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a query on Cisco ASA ASDM. Currently, I have downloaded the dm-launcher.msi via a ASA running Cisco ASDM 7.8 (1). Thus, does it mean that the ASDM version install on my workstation will be of version 7.8 (1)?

In addition, when I used the installed ASDM (V 7.8 (1)) to access an ASA with install ASDM of version 7.8 (2), is the ASDM version still maintained as 7.8 (1) or it will as version 7.8 (2)?

Please advice. Many thanks in advance.

Thks and Rgds

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From time to time (or whenever needed) you download a new ASDM-version from the Cisco-site load it to the ASA and set it as asdm-image. Next time you connect to the ASA the PC will update itself with that version. That's all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

The ASDM-launcher will recognize when there is a newer version on the ASA and updates itself to that version. Typically you only have to load the new version to the ASA and the rest will be done automatically.

I am still not getting this all, what do you mean by: "Typically you only have to load the new version to the ASA and the rest will be done automatically."

From time to time (or whenever needed) you download a new ASDM-version from the Cisco-site load it to the ASA and set it as asdm-image. Next time you connect to the ASA the PC will update itself with that version. That's all.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card