cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA - Disable SQLnet inspection or increase buffer size?

asaykao73
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a request from a customer who wants us to either turn off SQLnet inspection or increase the reassembly buffer size of 8K as per below. They have a Oracle database behind the firewall and are seeing connection drops.

"As per my understanding CISCO firewall has an SQLnet inspection feature which uses this buffer.

However, the packet reassembly buffer has a limit of 8 kbytes. I feel that many of the SQL queries might be bigger than this, and they would be

blocked and we would face the connection drop issue. Is there a way they can increase this reassembly buffer(not sure how big we would need) or make

it unlimited? If this is not possible can they disable this sqlnet inspection feature and we can check if connectivity issue happens? "

Could someone please point me to any document where I can turn off SQLnet  Inspection on a source-to-destinaton flow (I don't want to turn if off  globally). Alternatively, is there a way to increase the buffer size on  the Cisco ASA. I haven't been able to find anything on google

Thanks.

Andy

1 Reply 1

Hi Bro

You could use the MPF method to achieve your requirements.

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card