Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA NAT question

Adrian Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a question regarding a NAT on an ASA, seeing if it is possible or the best solution to my problem - before I try it as it needs to go through some change control etc.

I need to access some devices via a wireless network and whilst outside of the organisation I can access without issue - the software is hard coded to the Public IP and nats through the edge firewall work.

On the Corporate Wireless my device is assigned an IP, lets say 172.16.1.2. I need to access the devices hardcoded on public IP 80.80.80.295  (example IP). When I attempt to access the traffic is routed out to the internet. The wireless path goes through an internal firewall into the corporate network core. If I put a NAT in translating 80.80.80.295 to the Server IP when it's on an internal network, will this work? In my head it does but the public IP is not associated with any range on the firewall. I can't route it as it needs translating to the internal IP.

If this doesn't work - is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this description is a little confusing.

Adrian

1 Reply 1

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

Hi mate,

I admit this is a bit confusing. Can you maybe post a picture with the traffic flow and specify some interfaces also from ASA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card