cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco asa rommon mode and unknown mode

jose diaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there everyone I hope y'all had a nice holidays.

I have a little problem with two cisco ASA 5525x, one is booting from os.img and not asa.bin file below is the output bootvar

and the booting prompt is different, it is just a ">" do I need to a start to system default or something to copy an asa.bin file and boot correctly?

BOOT variable = disk0:/os.img
Current BOOT variable = disk0:/os.img
CONFIG_FILE variable =
Current CONFIG_FILE variable =

and in the other hand ASA is booting in rommon mode, no matter how many times I reload it starts in rommon mode
How can I fix them and apply a kind of recovery?  I tried with USB pendrive but seems it does not support copy from USB, ftp only.
thanks for your attention
Regards

4 Replies 4

have a nice holiday to you friend 
regarding issue why you not use command 

boot system 
and make ASA boot from correct file?

MHM

thank you mate I think I know how to solve problem 1 but the second one stills the same, I mean I wanted to boot in rommon mode using usb pendrive but it seems like in rommon mode does not support USBs, Im gonna try setting a ftp server

Is your USB in FAT32 format? it should show up as Disk1: or similar.  From there you should be able to copy from Disk1 to Disk0 or  just boot from the image on the USB

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@jose diaz 

boot system disk0:/asa.bin

show run boot

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card